Menu

Miss Universe 2016 winner is Miss France

HOME HOME PEOPLE Miss Universe 2016 winner is Miss France

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by omg755 omg755 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    omg755
    omg755

Iris Mittenaere from Lille city in northern France buried her face in her hands in shock and joy as the outgoing winner from the Philippines, Pia Wurtzbach, crowned her and the crowd erupted in cheers at the packed Mall of Asia Arena by Manila Bay.

Miss Haiti, Raquel Pelissier, a 25-year-old survivor of the devastating 2010 earthquake that destroyed her hometown, was named first runner-up, while Miss Colombia, 23-year-old industrial designer and photographer Andrea Tovar, was second runner-up.

Mittenaere’s victory was the first by a French contestant in more than 60 years.

“I think France and Europe really need a Miss Universe” after failing to win the crown for so long, she said at a post-pageant news conference when she was asked how her countrymen would receive her victory.

The contest has not been as popular in France as in other countries, she said, but “French people will love it now and every year they will be watching Miss Universe.”

“I’m very proud to bring this crown to Europe,” she said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omg755
    omg755

Iris Mittenaere of France is crowned the new Miss Universe 2016 by 2015 Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach in coronation Monday, Jan. 30, 2017, at the Mall of Asia in suburban Pasay city, south of Manila, Philippines.(Bullit Marquez/Associated Press)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.